1. Where can I view Laing's new homes?
2. How complete is the home when it is delivered to my site?
Each home is delivered complete with kitchens, bathrooms, laundry and robes. We can also complete the floor finishes and interior / exterior painting. Once delivered to site we complete the installation of the standard height timber pile foundation, ready for you to arrange the installation of site services, decking, steps and baseboards.
3. If I choose a home design today, how long will it be until you can arrange delivery?
Our typical construction / delivery period (excluding site consent and the design process) for a house is approximately 8 - 10 weeks. Construction can generally commence prior to the Onsite Consents being issued providing there are no site specific issues which would affect your project.
4. Am I limited to the designs that Laing Homes have?
We can work with your specific idea's to design a house or alternatively modify a standard plan that best suits your requirements. We will provide a design fee offer from our Architect for your acceptance before proceeding with the drawings.
5. Am I limited by size?
No, we can build homes up to approximately 130m² or alternatively we can design your new home to be transported in modular sections. We currently have standard plans up to 122m².
6. Do I have to arrange for our site services to be connected?
Yes, you will need to arrange your own site services to be connected, however we may be able to recommend suitably qualified subcontractors if required.
7. Why would I choose Laing Homes over another transportable home company?
Laing Homes are unique in that we construct our new buildings incorporating an exclusive solid panel building construction system manufactured by Laminex NZ. Laing Homes also own and operate their own house relocation equipment.
8. Do you have an in-house designer?
We do not have an in-house designer; we prefer to engage the services of external architects, Phoenix Architects and Hill Miles Architects. Our Contracts and Sales Manager can arrange a meeting with our architects to discuss your requirements.
9. Will one person be responsible through the entire process?
Our Contracts Manager, Andrew Tranter, will be your contact person throughout the entire building project from the initial planning to onsite delivery.
10. I would like to have my home up high to enjoy the view, is this possible or do I have the home at ground level?
We can arrange to have the house positioned on pole foundations which would enable you to incorporate a ground floor basement.
11. Who pays for damages to the house while it is being transported?
Our homes are insured during transportation to cover the unlikely event of damage.
12. What makes your process better than conventional building processes?
Laing Homes offer the convenience of your home being built off site, therefore there is little onsite inconvenience. Also changes and amendments can easily be accommodated. Our homes arrive fully completed. Decisions' relating to colour schemes and kitchen design can be attended to particularly where clients reside in Christchurch but the new home is destined for out of Christchurch.
13. Is there a building guarantee?
Yes, Laing Homes only purchase goods and services from quality suppliers and subcontractors, therefore all applicable warranties are offered to the new home owner.
14. Can the house be extended in the future?
Yes, we can arrange for our builders to undertake extensions in the future if required. Alternatively we can supply the MAXIM panel for your qualified builder to complete the extensions on your behalf.
15. Must it be single storey, or can it be two storied?
Due to permissible transport height limitations, our homes are designed as single storey dwellings. Two storey extensions could be incorporated once the house was relocated to the new site.
16. Where can you transport a Laing home to in the South Island?
Cromwell, Lake Tekapo, Twizel, Wanaka, Te Anau, Timaru, Oamaru, Ashburton plus many more areas. Contact us to find out if we can shift to your location.